The multi award-winning Makar Original Gin is the first gin to be distilled in the city of Glasgow.
Embracing the characteristics of the city itself, Makar is a bold, vibrant, juniper-led gin that derives its name from the ancient Scots word for ‘the maker’ or craftsman.
Seven sides to Makar’s bottle represent the seven carefully-selected botanicals which perfectly compliment the world’s finest Juniper which lies at the heart of Makar. These botanicals are distilled in small batches in our copper still, Annie, to produce a perfectly-balanced juniper-led Gin.
Makar Original Dry Gin is perfect at the centre of a gin-led cocktail, alternatively try with a high-quality tonic water, finished with a slice of mild green chilli.
Available in a beautifully finished luxury gift box.
Nose: Invigorating fresh pine and eucalyptus, floral and herbal rosemary notes with touches of zesty lemon citrus. Palate: Robust juniper supported by citrus and savoury notes, black pepper spice with hints of liquorice contributing to a fully rounded and balanced mouthfeel. Finish: Long smooth dry finish, with notes of angelica and lingering warm pepper spice and rosemary.
- The Gin Masters – Super Premium Category – MASTER MEDAL
- The Gin Masters – London Dry Category – GOLD MEDAL
- International Wine & Spirits Competition – Gin & Tonic Category – SILVER MEDAL
- International Wine & Spirits Competition – London Dry Category – BRONZE MEDAL
- International Spirits Competition – BRONZE MEDAL
- Whisky Magazine World Gin Awards – London Dry Category – BRONZE AWARD
- Whisky Magazine World Gin Awards – Contemporary Category – BRONZE AWARD
Shipping currently available to UK, EU and selected other countries. See T&C’s for full list.